My new job at the Family Support and Treatment Center is the best job in the world. Not only do I think it is superior to every job ever, but especially having come from a graveyard shift at the Fairfield Inn...Ugh. Wow. Really didn't realize how miserable I was at that place until I left it.
Every single day I think of new reasons why I love this job and I decided to make a list.
Here are all the reasons I love my new job:
1. I work with kids
2. Kids draw me pictures
3. Baby birds live in a hole in the wall outside and nobody wants to kill them.
4. I am allowed to listen to music on my shift whenever I want. Pandora all day!
5. Impromptu staff sing-alongs
6. Impromptu duets of "Lean on Me" with my boss
7. We actually have staff meetings. Every week. And everyone gets to contribute.
8. Free food ALL the time.
9. Free J-dawgs and Menchies on my second day.
10. I get to sit down in a big comfy rolling chair.
11. No security cameras causing constant paranoia
12. I have my own desk
13. My desk is huge
14. I work during the day
15. No one is ever naked.
16. No more creepy truckers hitting on me.
17. Nobody is drunk.
18. Everyone I work with is happy all the time!
19. I have a whole shelf just for me to put my school stuff on.
20. I work at my own pace
21. I am accountable to myself
22. I set goals and make projects for myself and everyone likes and praises me for it.
23. My ideas and thoughts matter.
24. I don't feel disrespected by my boss all the time.
25. I don't have to do stupid and tedious hour by hour work emails.
26. My shifts are 5 hours long instead of 8.
27. Early out Fridays!!
28. I never have to work another National Holiday.
29. I have my own key to the building.
30. I get my very own snack drawer to keep all my snacks.
31. I can eat food whenever I want right there at my desk and not feel like I have to hide.
32. We have an actual break room.
33. The break room has a full sized fridge and a microwave and a toaster
34. The break room is always stocked with disposable plates, cups and utensils for us to use.
35. The phone has caller ID
36. I can order office supplies at Staples whenever I want
37. My coworker is open to my suggestions
38. My other coworker tells me jokes randomly during the shift
39. We have inspirational quotes each week that we all take turns picking
40. Our Facebook page has suggestions for how to strengthen families
41. I never have to work another weekend.
42. I am no longer in charge of taking out the trash for everyone.
43. My boss rides a motorcycle
44. My boss is a woman :)
45. My boss never feels like a boss because we are all just such a great team
46. Modest casual dress code, meaning jeans and T-shirts are AOK
47. Stopping what you are doing so that your coworker can show you a funny youtube video is acceptable
48. I have a coworker who is like my own personal redbox and brings me DVD's to borrow
49. I work with therapists, not college students.
50. I get off work at 6pm every day so I can go home and spend the evening with Steven.
51. I work for a non-profit organization
52. I love all the people I work with.
53. Coworkers who are always willing to help out and cover for me if I can't come to work.
54. The sweetest coworker ever who apologizes for having to correct me on anything. haha. :)
55. Fresh flowers at my desk sometimes.
56. Coworkers who bring candy and snacks and food to share
57. "Party Friday"
58. I don't have a mandatory cleaning list, but instead feel helpful doing extra cleaning because I want to.
59. People notice and thank me for doing extra projects/cleaning.
60. Endless office supplies!! Meaning I don't have to ration my sticky-notes.
61. Organizational projects. I love organizing!
62. Upcoming work retreat where we all hang out and play games
63. Everyone was so sympathetic when I got a bad sunburn. Someone even brought me Aloe for it.
64. I work with licensed therapists, so there is always someone wise to talk to if I need advice.
65. I don't have to memorize anything for work inspections
66. Nobody drinks beer at work and then keeps it in the employee fridge.
67. I no longer have to plunge strangers toilets
68. I no longer have to call the cops because there are drug addicts wandering the halls in a creepy stupor.
69. I no longer have to deal with people watching porn in the lobby
70. I can put people on hold.
71. The phone greeting isn't ridiculously long.
72. I don't have to type in a password whenever I want to do anything on the computer.
73. There is a private playground at my work.
74. I get to hold babies sometimes
75. Little kids give me hugs and make me laugh almost every day
76. None of the rooms are haunted or have "evil spirits".
77. The vacuum works!
78. We exist to help families and children, not to make company/bosses richer.
79. People can bring their kids to work
80. I never have to take towels to someone's room and find them shirtless...or worse.
So there you have it. Or at least as many things as I could think of off-hand. I'm sure there will be more. I love this job more each day and am filled with gratitude for this completely new life!