Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Ultimate Compliment

The house-parent at the children's center relayed this conversation to me while I was volunteering today.

Apparently after I left the nursery a couple weeks ago a little boy I had been playing with turned to her and asked, "When I grow up will that lady be a grandma?"
She responded, "No...I don't think so...?"
And then he said, "Good. Because when I grow up, I want to make her my wife!"


I think there is no greater compliment to my children skills than a little boy wanting to marry me when he grows up.

I re-relayed this conversation to Steven over dinner tonight and he said, "Well that kid has good taste!"
He will surely be disappointed to find out that I am already married. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Haha that's so cute! (: I'm glad you are still volunteering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! I think you told me about this story! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.