Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lindsley Sisters Weekend 2012

I am so blessed to have married into such an amazing family.

One of the best parts of it (besides incredible in-laws, the most unbelievably amazing mother-in-law in the world, best husband ever and phenomenal sibling-in-laws) is that Steven's brothers wives are pretty much just like my real sisters now. Whitney and Michelle could not BE more perfect. They are the greatest sister-in-laws of all time. Because we are all so awesome and in love with each other, we have an annual "Sisters Weekend" with Steven's only sister Sarah. Each summer we go out and have fun times together...usually in or around Salt Lake because it is half-way between Logan and Provo.

This year we decided to stay up in SLC and go shopping at the new City Creek Center and the Gateway.
Of COURSE, we also had to make a stop at Melting Pot for chocolate. ;) It wouldn't be sisters weekend without our FONDUE CHOCOLATE!!!


After meeting up in Salt Lake and checking into our loverly hotel (Thanks Marriott discount!) we started the evening off by having some delicious authentic Italian pizza at this great place called Settebello's. It was DELICOUS! A nice change from the overly greasy and meaty American pizza that I usually eat. 

Here is one of the pizza's we had. YUM!
After pizza and gelato we headed straight for Melting Pot. We are foodies like that. Yum Yum!! Good news is that there is a bit of a walk between the two, so we could burn off a little pizza calories. ;)

Michelle and I also had our eyeballs burned out when a homeless guy nearly flashed us with his family jewels.  Yum Yum again! ...NOT. XD 

Melting pot was just as amazing as ever. I love everything about that place. I love the atmosphere, I love the chocolate, and I especially love the good company of amazing sisters. :) 

Now another pic of Melting pot...because it is delicious. 

Oh it looks just like us! ...I didn't take any pictures this weekend. 
The evening was just beginning as we waddled our way out of Melting Pot. Michelle made the excellent suggestion to walk around SLC now that it was 10pm and things were coming to life.
We took off up Main street, just peering into bar windows (I really want to go to the dueling piano bar!) and enjoying the amazing nighttime air when Michelle heard some catchy music. We followed the sound up the street and found a little out-door band (Ok, it was two guys with guitars...still counts). They were really good so we sat down on the sidewalk to listen for a bit! Michelle also entertained everyone with some quality solo-dancing. I wish I hadn't been so full so I could join in, but I thought my bowels might explode. Sorry bout that. XD I tried to keep the mood by swaying to the music while she danced. Michelle, you are my hero. :) The greasy band guys really liked it too, so we stayed for several songs and even made requests!

After that little activity we headed back to our hotel for some HOT TUB TIME!!! 

I love Google Image searches. This is a picture of the ACTUAL hotel we stayed at
and the actual pool and hot tub we went in. :) 
I was super excited about hot-tubbing. I hadn't been in a pool for like two years anyway, and I love hot water, and I'd always been secretly jealous of the first Lindsley sister weekend that the other 3 had that I wasn't there for. They'd always talked about the good bonding time they had while hot-tubbing and I felt left out. Not anymore!! :D

We settled in for a long game of "Truth or Truth" which just turned out to be us going around answering a bunch of questions about ourselves. We played until like 1:30 in the morning. It was AWESOME!! It was so nice to get to know Sarah, Michelle and Whitney better and to find out all the things we have in common. 


Finally we headed to bed. Sarah took one of the beds while I took the roll-out couch. The two of us toss too much to share. Whit and Michelle sleep like logs though, so they went ahead and shared. :) I tried to keep my eyes closed all night so I wouldn't catch Michelle staring at me. 

Michelle sleeps with her eyes open sometimes. 
We all slept in in the morning, except Whitney who went jogging because she is like this lady:

Also, I'm pretty sure that she should wear this when she goes jogging. 
We were all refreshed and ready for a long day of SHOPPING!!!
Good thing too, because we shopped for 8 hours. Not even lying. 8 HOURS. 

We went to the new City Creek Center. I am IN LOVE with it!! I can't wait to go back!!!
I bought clothes at H&M, Forever 21, The Disney store and this new store that I am completely obsessed with called "Love Culture". I was on shopping cloud 9!!!




It was a long day, but it was amazing. Everyone got some great new clothes and we had a great time looking around,  trying stuff on, and just enjoying the beautiful stores and beautiful day! 

After all the shopping we were all exhausted and ready to head home. It was very satisfying to get back on the road at 5pm on Saturday knowing that we'd knocked another sisters weekend out of the park. 

We rock at being sisters. ;) haha. 

I am so glad that I am a Lindsley. :) :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.