Thursday, August 2, 2012

Husband

If you don't like sappy posts, stop reading now.

I want to talk about Steven.

I don't think I've ever really had a post that was just a long doting rant about how much I love him, so I decided that today was that day. I know you've been waiting for it.

Steven used to ask me, "Why do you love me?"
Back in High School, I dated a lot. I went on a lot of dates, "Went out" with many different guys, and had a couple boyfriends before Steven. Steven, not so much. He didn't really date that much...unless girls asked him out to dances, which they did. He'd never had a girl friend, and as far as I know he'd only had "crushes" on a couple people.

Then there was me. Obsessive overly-affectionate me. :)

The answer to why I fell in love with shy, sweet Steven was simple and has never changed. Steven sees the best in me. He sees the me that I can become. He sees my potential. He sees the best in me that I can't even see yet. He was the first guy to make me feel like I was the whole world.

I'd had a HORRIBLE break-up my Junior year of high school. ***cough cough *PATRICK* cough*** My then boyfriend of about two years broke up with me ON PROM NIGHT after confessing that he'd been cheating on me for several months and was now with the girl who he'd set up our double-date night with. Wow. Just WOW. Way to boost my trust in people.

After that I decided I was pretty much consigned to be alone forever. Less than a year later, there was Steven. And from that first Dance-date on, Steven was my hero.

I feel like this is suddenly hard to write about because it's so personal. I love Steven so much. Also, I'm listening to 90's songs on Pandora, and "I Do" by 98 degrees just started playing so now I'm feeling all romantic. XD

Steven makes me feel amazing. Steven makes me feel beautiful. Steven makes me feel like I am the coolest, funniest, smartest, prettiest, sexiest person on the planet. Steven makes me feel like I am a gourmet chef when he compliments all of my pinterest experiments. Steven compliments my singing and makes me feel super talented. Steven makes me laugh..."every day". ;) Eh heh heh.

Not only does Steven make ME feel good, but he is just such a great guy in general!

Steven is ridiculously good looking. Steven is the smartest person I have ever met. Steven is a brilliant genius with languages, grammar, spelling, schooling in general, board-game creating, painting, sketching, singing(though he'll never admit it!), and video gaming. ;) Steven is good at vaccumming the house, washing the dishes and doing all of his homework. Steven inspires me with how well he does in school, how dedicated he is to getting his degree and getting good grades. He excels at keeping a budget and helping me keep to it. Steven spoils me in about a million little ways every day. He always tucks me in for naps and wakes me up with a little back rub and a kiss when I have to go to work. He is so supportive! He doesn't care that I am crazy.

I feel like, to adequately explain why I am writing this post, I would have to also write one titled, "Marriage". In short, marriage is hard. Marriage is the hardest thing I've ever had to do and we've only been in it for a little over 2 years. Marriage is tricky; it takes a lot of commitment, and a lot of patience to try and figure out how to live with another person on a non-stop basis. To go through every waking and sleeping emotion with someone at your side can be really rough. Experiencing all of their life-drama can also be difficult. Marriage is not a walk in the park, and anyone who has been married knows what I'm talking about.

So yes, Steven and I have had our hard times. In fact the second year of our marriage was really difficult. There was a lot of stupid drama. We were both meanies sometimes.

I wanted to write this post because now, over a year later, I am SO HAPPY. I am so happy to be married to Steven. I am so happy that we are best friends, and that our relationship gets stronger and better all the time. I am so happy that he listens to me, that he cares about what I have to say, and that he respects all of my differences. We are a great team. :)

Also, he really does make me laugh every day.

So I guess that's it. I love Steven.




5 comments:

  1. Okay, time to confess...I blog stalk you! I just have to say, I remember watching you two love birds in high school and thinking "I want a guy to see me the way Steven sees rebekah". I KNEW you two would totally end up together!!!!! Such a cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love. Also, more love for the subtle Legacy reference. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever see you again, it will be Zion to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Jacob's like a father to everyone" No wait, that's not what I meant to say. Um, great post, and I love the reason you love Steven - well, all the reasons, actually, but especially that he sees the best in you. And I'll agree that marriage is hard. For me, it was that first year of learning to open myself up completely to another person (because I was sometimes afraid of what he'd think!) But I'm so glad you guys are happy, and that... "you're laughing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT'S SO TRUE! I think everyone thinks while they're dating, "Oh, I'm so lucky I can be myself around him!" But let's face it, we're all faking it. No one wants to air their dirty laundry of life when you're courting! The true test of commitment really comes once you've jumped in with both feet and realized you HAVE to love this person-the good, the bad and the downright ugly. :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.