Saturday, March 3, 2012

Valentimes Day 2012

February is a special time of year for us. It reminds us of our beginning.

Steven asked me to the "Sweetheart's" dance our senior year in high school, (2007) and from that weekend on, we were practically inseparable. The whole thing was magical. He had asked me with a special poem that he'd written himself, and I'd answered him by having Elizabeth dress up in a toga and read him a sonnet on his front porch. The night of the dance was blissful! My brother in law Matt (who at that point wasn't my brother in law yet) took tons of pictures, and everyone was so giddy! My parent loved Steven right away, and I was so nervous I was shaking. The dance was so cute and awkward-like any high school dance-and afterwards he told me that he felt he'd taken a queen to the dance. Aww! Soooo cute. I love him. :)

Here we are on our first official date. :) Also, two of the guys in this photo ended up in our wedding party. :) 

Anyway...we like Valentine's day. :)

This year blew every other Valentine's day away.
The weekend before, our stake held a dance.
Steven "asked" me to it by surprising me with a cute and clever little scavenger hunt around our apartment.




The night of the dance both Steven and I just got kinda burnt out and didn't really want to go. But, we were already dressed for a dance, so we decided to have our own. We turned on some cheesy romantic music, lit some candles, and danced around our living room. :) It was perfect. <3 <3 <3
After the "dance" we poured out our favorite bubbley beverage and drank to a wonderful 5 year relationship!!

 
On Valentine's day we exchanged gifts. I'd had all of Steven's suits dry cleaned (for the first time since before his mission...gross!), and got him a couple sword-mounts for his wall.
Steven bought me a HUGE Reese's peanut butter and chocolate heart, and Season 1 of Dharma and Greg on DVD. :) I love that show!!

That evening Steven completely blew my socks off and surprised me by taking me out to dinner at Tucanos. I found out that he'd made the reservation like a month in advance!! HE IS SO AWESOME!

Tucanos. is. amazing.

We had THEE most phenomenal meal. We feasted on such delicacies as quail eggs, sushi and chicken hearts, not to mention 18 other kinds of meat and a HUGE salad bar. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.


Yum. Yum. Yum.



After the stunning meal each lady got to take home a rose. Awww!!! It was great. :D Steven gets 5-million gold stars.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Steven, I'm very impressed. That is such a sweet, fun and romantic Valentine's day story!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.