Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Phobia

"A phobia (from the GreekφόβοςPhóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is a type of anxiety disorder, usually defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation in which the sufferer commits to great lengths in avoiding, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed, often being recognized as irrational."


I HATE spiders.


 "In the event the phobia cannot be avoided entirely the sufferer will endure the situation or object with marked distress and significant interference in social or occupational activities."


Spiders are EVERYWHERE.


" As the sufferer approaches a phobic stimulus, anxiety levels increase, and the degree to which escape of the phobic stimulus is limited has the effect of varying the intensity of fear."


They are even in our HOUSE.


In our ROOM!


I hate them.






Things that make spiders terrible: 



SHAPE: They are small, making it easy for them to hide anywhere. 

LEGS: The way they creepy crawl all over every surface; ceilings, walls...nothing is off limits to a spiders legs. 
EYES. Who needs 8 eyes? That's just wrong. Monstrous!
FUR: Makes 'em look like little wolves.
WEBS: Anything that can shoot a sticky string out of it's butt and then crawl around on it should die. 


But the absolute WORST thing I can think of about spiders is the way they MOVE. 


***shudder*** 


I can barely tolerate a spider holding still, but when all of their long spindly legs begin to creepy-crawl along at that fast pace, it makes me hysterical.


I have a hard time getting through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets because of the Forbidden forest scene with the spideys. I don't think I've ever even watched it all the way with my eyes open. It's made worst by that awful sound effect they put in of the spiders crawling!! That scritch-scratch-screetching noise! Yuck!!


There won't even be pictures of spiders to illustrate this post, because I'm too afraid of what kind of images will pop up if I google them. 


This might happen if I even see a  picture of a spider.
Steven thinks I am crazy. Whenever I see I spider I usually scream for him and distance myself as far as possible until he has disposed of it. If I happen to catch it crawling across the ceiling or wall after I notice it, I am often brought to the point of tears by my fear of it. I realize it's ridiculous, but THAT'S WHAT A PHOBIA IS!!! 


Just the other night Steven noticed one above our bed. I ran to the living room for safety and lo and behold there was an even BIGGER one hanging above our entertainment center!! I was surrounded! It was horrible. 


The other night we had dinner and games with our good friends Christie and Todd in Spanish Fork. Christie and Todd love Halloween and anything associated with it. They have these "pet" spiders that live on their back porch that look like small orange crabs. Everyone kept trying to get me to look at them. THIS IS NO JOKE PEOPLE! I WILL CRY!! 


I think all spiders should die. I don't buy the excuse that, "Oh, but they kill bugs!" 


You know what else kills bugs? 


RAID. 


TAH DAH! Use this. 

The only downside to Raid is that in a house with a kitten and a turtle I feel weird spraying pesticide all over the walls. But you bet we have a huge bottle of "Blag Flag" ant, roach and spider killing Raid under our sink, and SO HELP ME! ALL SPIDERS IN MY HOUSE WILL DIE!!!


I hate spiders. 


Just thought I'd share. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.