Sunday, March 14, 2010

Once Upon a Time there was a little kitten...

That title really has nothing to do with anything,I just felt like writing it. I am using Steven's laptop to write this post and his keys stick something awful! I am having a difficult time typing this. :P
It has been an eventful week. My work schedule has FINALLY been finalized, and this week I had my regular Monday through Thursday, four shifts, rather than the SIX I took on last week. I trained a new guy last Saturday, and theoretically he will now be working every weekend so that I can spend time with my better half planning our wedding. Things are coming along quite nicely. We have found great connections everywhere to keep within our budget. We lined up a sweet young married student photographer to take pictures at the temple, Ryan, Steven's brother, completed AMAZING wedding invitations for us, my wedding dress is currently living in Payson where it is being altered, and one of my best friends from High School happens to work at Mapleton Floral, and is getting us an unbelievable deal on our flowers. Things are well with us. Saturday was a busy day for us.
I started my morning with a delightful work meeting at 7am. Gotta love my job. Awesome possom.
After that select experience I took a nice nap. Yum. Then Steven called me and we started our day of fun times by an enjoyable grocery shopping trip. I love food. Yum again.
We then combined doing homework and having a day date by going to the International Cinema at BYU. They were showing "Downfall", a historical drama about Hitler's last days. It was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen. That's not to say it wasn't well done, for on the contrary it was superb. What made it so disturbing was not only how well it was presented, but also the fact that it was straight from history, the carnage, brutality and murders all really happened. It was also interesting to observe Hitler's last hours from the perspective of those who were closest to him. It showed both his followers and his doubters, but all those that were in his inner most circle. To them he was a hero, a leader, their beloved monarch. It was truly both interesting and disturbing to watch them die for him to preserve their oaths of loyalty. It was a very dark movie.
And that is all I'm going to write about this now, because I started this post about 2 weeks ago, and don't remember what else I was going to talk about. Okay, bye. :D

2 comments:

  1. Call me morbid, but I would be VERY interested in seeing that movie!!! History is my favorite, especially WWII stuff. I'm fascinated by Hitler's insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, it was WAY good...but really disturbing. Like..Oooo. chills. Definitely worth watching!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I like that! Only not if you are a troller. Unless you are a trolololololler, then that is ok.